9/11/2010

Against the Zombies

I'm currently into reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. At first I thought it an intersting idea, but the zombies are too forced into the story, although that hadn't really bothered me until this Elizabeth who is supposed to be a cold-blooded killer trained on Shaolin's arts be so distressed about her sister running away with Wickham till the point of breaking into tears. I mean WTF?!!! When I read that I couldn't help myself but to agree with Lady Catherine, she lacks proper instruction in the deadly arts with knowning only that clumsy kung fu, she should've gone to Japan for real training.
And not being this sufficient to the inaccuracy of the supposed character of this "warrior-like" Elizabeth with her acctions, later on we have the mention that the sisters cannot go after wicked Wickham's head because "my sisters and I cannot spend any substantial time searching for Wickham, as we are each commanded by His Majesty to defend Hertfodshire from all enemies until such time as we are dead, rendered lame, or married", this said by the sister that had already spent about a month or more traveling for pleasure with her uncles, after the elder sister returned from spending a month on London just for distraction and the "kidnaped" one was having fun by her own with some acquaintances; I mean all of them could just leave their home and responsabilities of protection of the same for pleasure but not to go after vengance for such an offence as dishonoring her sister? WTF???!!! That's the worst excuse ever!
Oh! I almost forgot, what's that about Darcy firmly believing that Jane had the plague and becuase of that he opposed to her union with Bingley but didn't notice that Charlotte was three-quaters dead? How's possible that no one of the warriors there noticed it but Elizabeth?
I've lost many hours of my life on this stupid book and I seriously seriously feel like sueing someone....



...and if you can't pacify me
I will break your bones
You think I'm bluffing, just try me...
...you'll suffer for this. I swear...

2 comentarios:

Olimpe dijo...

a mi no por favor.. si los zombies estan forzadisimos!

olimpe dijo...

lo que si es suuuper ilogico es que lady catherine no se diera cuenta de la condición de Charlotte. Darcy solo la ve un par de veces.

Me alegra que te hayas reconciliado con el de blanquito